Dr Ali Vazir
Dr Ali Vazir is a consultant in cardiology and critical care who treats private and NHS patients at Royal Brompton Hospital.
MB BS PhD FRCP FESC
- Heart Failure
- Valve intervention
- Sleep disordered breathing
He studied at Imperial College London and won multiple awards and prizes. He was awarded his PhD from the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London.
He completed his cardiology, general internal medicine and acute cardiac care training in London, at Royal Brompton, Harefield, St Mary’s and King’s College hospitals.
Following this, he attained his post-doctoral senior research fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA.
Dr Ali Vazir is a specialist across a number of areas of cardiology:
- heart failure
- valvular heart disease (mitral, aortic, tricuspid valve disease)
- echocardiography (in particular 3D trans-oesophageal echocardiography for procedures)
- transcatheter valve intervention such as MitraClip
- cardiac surgery
- peri-operative care and high dependency critical care
- sleep disordered breathing
Dr Ali Vazir has worked on clinical trials of novel drugs and therapies for heart failure and cardiovascular disease, as well as researching novel echocardiography techniques.
Dr Vazir has presented, lectured and chaired at numerous national, European and American meetings.
He has also received investigator awards for his research from eminent organisations, including:
European Respiratory Society
Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology.